The movie I watched was West Side Story and the major actors in it are Natalie Wood and Richard Beymer. The director of this movie Jerome Robbins.The main characters in this movie are Maria, a young girl who came to America with her family from Puerto Rico. Bernardo, who is Maria's brother. Tony, who is a young guy who falls in love with Maria and is part of a gang called the Jets. Anita, who was the girlfriend of Bernardo. The main conflict in this movie is that Maria and Tony want to be together because they are in love but they are not allowed to be because Maria's family is in the opposite gang as Tony is. The two gangs are always fighting.
I think the plot in this movie was simple because there was not very much to it. I also think that it was realistic beause there are gangs in the cities and they fight and kill each other a lot. The dialouge in this movie was where you could tell it was an old movie but it was pretty much normal, but i also think it was sometimes kind of poetic. A theme that i saw in this movie was love. Tony and Maria fell in love and wanted to be together.
I thought that the acting in this movie was good. I believed the actors were the caracters because they all did a good job and they seemed to fit the roles that they had. The sets in this film were most of the time outside on the streets or in the little store they all hung around. I could tell that this was an old movie also by the way that they dressed. The sets were significant because it showed how the two gangs were always outside in the streets getting themselves into trouble.
What i noticed about this film's cinematography was that there were a lot of close-ups on the actors faces. What i noticed about the film's editing was that there were a lot of lengthy shots, especially the ones with Tony and Maria. The music in the movie was always the actors singing. I think the music they sang was good and it made the movie seem to have a lot of emotion.
The first thing that i noticed about this movie was that there was a lot of singing. I liked this movie the whole time. I think the American Film Institute put this film in their list because it was a good love story.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment